Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Blah, blah, blah

It's Wednesday, as if you didn't know.  Kasey looks quite lovely this afternoon.  She had her bath this morning and her toenails clipped.  She can probably go another couple weeks before having a haircut.  I had my nails appointment and then I came home to get some things done around here.  I will confess I have not been as productive as I should have been.  I am going to post this entry, pay some bills and then drive to the post office so they will go out today (I missed the mail man by an hour). 

We are going to have a 16 year old girl in our home for 2 weeks which should be a lot of fun.  The thing I'm most concerned about is what to feed her.  I don't really cook like a normal housewife.  I will grill 6 chicken breasts and serve 2 a day for 3 days in salads for dinner.  We have something like cottage cheese, baby carrots and cantaloupe for lunch and breakfast is cereal and a banana for Dennis and an apple and peanut butter or yogurt and fruit for me.  I don't have any  juice, chips, cookies, or other 'junk' foods in the house.  A loaf of bread usually goes bad before we get 1/2 way through it.  I was going to go to the market today but I think I will wait until she gets here.  Then I can take her and let her pick out some things she likes.  I know the Japanese kids usually love Raman noodles, white rice and pizza.  If I hear of a family going for pizza I will ask if our student can go with them because we don't eat pizza.  It will all work out!

Sunday we are going to Laguna Beach to celebrate Shannon's birthday.  When I talked to her about the other things I wanted to do, the beach was the one thing that she said would be the most fun and relaxing for her so that is what we are going to do.  We will pack a picnic and spend the day down there.  Should be very nice and a lot cooler that inland.

Until later..................     ô..ô

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely to go to the beach ,and cool down ,can I come with you ?lol I hope it works out with your Japanese girl .....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

can I come too!!!???  I love the beach!  rose~

Anonymous said...

ah pizza pizza and mexican food and lots of chips and pop she will not turn that down I guarnatee.

Anonymous said...

Good ideal to take her gro shopping with you...get a few froz pizzas, taco makings, pb & jelly, lunch meat, presweetened cereal, some fruit, couple bags cookies, a box of snack sz chips, koolaide, & soda pop...then you're off to a good start!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Laguna Beach, I bet it will be beautiful.   Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

Laguna Beach was always my favorite place to go when I was a teenager. I loved the rocky hills that lead down to it, and it always seemed to be a much cleaner beach than some of the others in that area!

Jackie