Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday Weather Update

The high today (according to the reading on the thermometer in my car) was 114 around 2:30 this afternoon.  I went to the market around 8:00 this evening and it was still 103.  I live in Riverside, California which is normally pretty hot during the summer -- between 90 - 105 but I do not remember heat like this in the 18 years I've lived here.  We also usually have a 5 or 6 day hot spell and then it cools off to between 85 - 90 for a week or so before going back up.  It also usually cools off enough at night where you can open up the house to let the cool night air in and give the A/C a rest.  This is unending!  Day after day after day.  I'm going mad, I tell you, MAD....  LOL  I am getting a little dramatic but the truth is I am really tired of it.  It's especially difficult because we have a guest who wants to get out and see So. California and experience our culture.  Who in their right mind wants to go out in this weather? 

Tomorrow we are going to the beach where it will be 95 instead of 115.  Big Whoopy.  LOL  I hope the drug store has some sunscreen with SPF 156 for my fair skin.  LOL

Until later...........................             ô..ô

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIKES, that's hot?  Is Riverside considered to be in the Mojave desert?   We went thru Ridgecrest once and it was 116* that day.  Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

Please can I come to the beach with you ,oh Iwould so love to ,It rained ,at last here yesterday ,and cooled off a bit ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

we had 100 degree days for a spell last all the past week. problem is no breezes and we get humidities in the 90s. It s ike breathing in water. veyr hard. but yesterday it cooled down adn it got down to 62 last night. I talked to bill who lives in nevada and they always got there 20 % humidites my aunt who lived in arizona. she would come here from 110 degree temps to what we would be having in late spring of 80+ degrees and say this is hotter than hades!!!!!!!!! she said your humidites makes it feel so much hotter. lol she said Im sweating like roasted pig

Anonymous said...

Girl, I am with you on this hot spell!  I am in Riverside County too, and this is just ridiculous!  I can't wait to see my AC bill!! <gulp>  This is just unending, constant heat!  Yesterday I couldn't even walk outside it was so humid!  So.. not only do we have 113 degree temps, but the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife!  

I'm sick of it too!!  :(   Is it winter yet?? lol


Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hope you find that sunscreen!  It seems to be especially hot everywhere; even here in the Seattle area!  Hope you enjoy your day...Jae

Anonymous said...

wow and I want to live out your way someday too!  It's always humid here in Illinois.  stay cool!  rose