Saturday, July 15, 2006

SATURDAY UPDATE

Good news:  It didn't get to 112 here today after all.  Last I heard it didn't break 100 degrees.  It's 97 right now which is hot but it's not miserable. 

When I went to meet the Personal Trainer this morning, I didn't think it was going to be that hot.  It was so beautiful outside!  It was warm but there was a nice breeze and it just didn't feel like it usually does when we hit the 112 mark.

The personal trainer is more like a used car salesman if you ask me. I went in and he sat me down and tried to sell me a bill of goods about how I needed 3 training sessions a week for a year at $39 each. That's nearly $6100 a year. Ahh, I don't think so.  I know the benefits of weight and strength training but I resent the tactics the health club uses when they call you in for the 'free session'.  For $6100 I can go to Europe.  Screw the weight training.  Even once a week is over $2000 a year when I'm already paying $30 a month for my regular membership. 

My trip was not a total waste.  I did get a Starbuck's Iced Latte out of the it.  Mmmm, good.

I'm going to have some lunch and then I have a little bit of cleaning up to do around here.  I can't see the top of my desk again so I want to clear it off.  I have to a few loads of laundry but I'll wait until later in the day to do that when the need for electricity slows down a little. 

Cari and Sam are going to the Angel game tonight so I guess that means Dennis and I will be watching it on TV. 

Until later................    ô..ô

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iam so pleased you didnt succumb to the sales tactics used at the gym,Good for you  ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for 110, but it's 2:00 in the afternnon and only 102 here.  I doubt seriously that it's going to reach 110!  Thank goodness!

Glad you didn't fall for that salesman speel!  I swear everybody's always trying to make a buck!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Over $6,000, they've got to be kidding! I think there's nothing better than walking for exercise. I lost 5 stone that way a few years ago! Have a good weekend, glad it didn't get too hot for you! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

You are right; that price is ridiculous!  I don't know what gym you go to, but the gym I joined (and have used ONCE in three months) charges $65.00 hour for personal training!  I am with you on the latte'....yummy!  Jae