Sunday, July 2, 2006

It's Gonna Be Another Hot One

It's supposed to be 104 today.  Nasty. Dennis is on the phone trying to find someone to take my ticket to the Angel game today.  I'm not going to sit out in this heat!  I'm not that much of a baseball fan.  Why sweat when I can watch the game at home on my couch in the air conditioning?  Right?  He understands - in fact when he came home from the game yesterday he said, "Honey, I don't think you would have enjoyed it very much.  Everyone was using paper towels to mop their foreheads..."  That was enough for me!  LOL 

I do need to go out for about an hour this morning.  There are is no food in the house so I have to stock up on some things.  I hope to get out of here before 10:15 and be back before 11:30.  I want to get my Lotto ticket checked.  If I won that 98 million last night I'd like to know.  There are some people I would love to help right now.  I've always promised God that if I win I would put others needs before my own.  I don't think that prayer ups my chances of winning but it is a sincere thought. 

I want to say a special thank you and give (((((((hugs))))))) to all those who put such kind comments in my journal regarding Erin.  I just can't get her off my mind and I suppose I shouldn't try.  She needs my thoughts and prayers.  Situations like this seem so huge and I think they make people feel so powerless over life's circumstances.  None of us has any control over what is going to happen at any point of our life and something like this brings that message home so clearly. 

I think I'll call everyone close to me and tell them how much I love them. 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes things like this makes you feel and t hink differently.

yeah its  hot one here today 95 wit 67 % humidity

Anonymous said...

I'm sure at the moment Erin is still numb with shock. The worse part is yet to come for her, poor girl. Life just doesn't seem fair when you look around and see some evil people who seem to live forever. I do hope she'll be OK. It's about 90 degrees here now, I love it! Don't think I've ever been too hot! I hope the Angel game goes well for the team. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

104 gosh that is hot we are in the middle of a scorcher at the minute ,and set to get hotter ,we are just not used to it .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

My favorite song is "In A New York Minute" and I try to remember that life is short and it can change at any given moment....treasure what we have. In these tragic times like Erin, it only serves to remind us how very true those words are. I'm praying for her....

Stay cool & dry if you can :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~