Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Weekend Away

In the morning, my daughter-in-law and I are driving up to Central California to Avila Beach for the weekend.  We are meeting my sister, who has reserved a nice condo on the beach for the 3 of us.  We are going to relax and totally pamper Shannon for a few days.  She needs a break from the kids, her husband (my son) and the stresses of taking care of a home and all of the other things she does.  The new baby is due around March 19th so this will be her last chance to have some time away before baby is born. 

If the weather is good, we plan on going to Solvang, a little Danish community about an hour inland from where we are staying.  It's such a quaint little village with lots of cute shops and little restaurants specializing in delicious Danish pasteries.  I don't think any of us will be eating those wonderful goodies but it will be fun to shop and look.  LOL

We'll be back Sunday afternoon sometime, I hope rested and relaxed. 

I'll catch up on my journal reading early next week. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go on be a devil have the pastry lol.

Enjoy your weekend break
Love
Debbie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/drb1064/whatever

Anonymous said...

Solvang sounds like a lovely little village, how can you resist all those lovely calories in a danish pastry, LOL,  enjoy your weekend
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

This sounds so nice ,for your daughter and you having some 'real' time together before the babe arrives ,I hope you have a wonderful time ,and go on one pastry wont hurt lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd had a mother in law like you when I was pregnant! I'd have loved to have been whisked away from everything! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

That  sounds like the "perfect weekend getaway"  And throwing in the quaint little town makes it all the better.  Have a good one.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful getaway!  It's been a long time since I've been to Solvang.  I'd love to get back there.  I also of course want to go back to Ojai and check out my dad's old outdoor bookstore. :-)  I hope you have a great time.

Monica

Anonymous said...

enjoy! rose~

Anonymous said...

I just get back and caught up and find you gone!! LOLOL!!  I hope you are having a FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS time!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~