Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Good News

The biopsy came back just fine.  It's just scar tissue which is surprising because I've never had a cut on my hand to cause a scar.  The sad thing is, it's going to stay there.  I asked him if he could take it off but he said it would, well, leave a scar.  LOL  I did have two moles removed.  One from my chest that shows when I wear a V-neck top and one from my right boobie that has to have a special sticker put on it each time I have a mammogram so the doctor who reads the film doesn't think it's a small tumor.  Well, it's gone - no more stupid sticker on my boobie.  LOL  If these heal nicely, I may have two removed from my face.  One behind my left ear, which wouldn't show if it did leave a scar and one on my right jaw line.  That would show if it scarred badly.  I will see and decide in a few months.  Neither are unsightly or huge - neither scare small children - LOL so I can wait.  Dr. Tran gave me some Retin-A to see if it will lighten a dark spot on my cheek (no, not my butt cheek, sillies).  If it doesn't work in a few months, we will go to something else.  He named microdermabrasion and a chemical peel but I don't think I want either of those.  Any feedback on those proceedures by anyone who has had them would be appreciated - no horror stories, though.  LOL

I'm going to see my pal, Sylvia tomorrow.  She had knee surgery last Friday and is laid up.  I'm takiing lunch (yummy spicy chicken salad) and a Valentine for her.  She mailed one to me but I didn't get any in the mail this year.  I sent a few email Valentines and made some that I will give tomorrow.  Dennis invited me to go to dinner tomorrow night.  We will head out early to beat the crowd. 

Wooooo, thunder!!!  A big rolling thunder just startled me and I looked outside to see that it is raining.  YEAH!  We need it so bad.  I hope it dumps a good inch or more on us.  Our hills never turned green this  year.  They are brown and yucky looking like it's still summer.  A few good rains and they will look green and lush ~ so beautiful.

I left a window open upstairs. I better go close it.  I'll say goodbye for now.

Hugs to all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the biopsy was neg. Praise God!
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the biopsy was OK. We've had constant rain for six hours now, I suppose we need it but I do prefer sunshine, guess I'm living in the wrong country for that! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

So relieved to hear the biopsy was clear and that the two moles are gone ,enjoy tomorrow with Dennis ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're in the clear!  Butt cheek...LOL!  You are a good friend to help outone in ineed...Hope your Valentine's Dad is great!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Great news!  I get the sticker too!  rose~

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news, littke things like that can be really worrying. Have a lovely valentine dinner and hope your friend is soon up and about again. Take care
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the biopsy report came back ok.  Have a good visit with your friend Sylvia and a fun time with Dennis this evening.   Linda in Washington