Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

 

Happy Valentine's Day! 

It's a chilly February 14th here in Southern California.  I was up early to take Kasey girl for her bath but before I left, I gave Dennis a Valentine and the new Keith Urban CD.  He loves country music and he was happy to add this one to his collection.  I have a Valentine and a CD for Cari, too, when she gets up. 

When I got home from the groomer, much to my surprise, Dennis came in from his office with a cute Valentine card and a box wrapped in shiny black paper with a burgundy bow and a Ben Bridge Jewelry sticker on the bottom.  PERK!!  Oh, my gosh, he never buys me jewelry - I shouldn't say NEVER but it is so rare that it almost qualifies as never.  LOL  I opened the box and found the prettiest gold heart pendant with four little channel set diamonds.  It's just beautiful.  I am just tickled pink.  Makes that Keith Urban CD look like I'm a big cheap-o.  Anyway, Dude scored major points with this girl today.  I'm going to be nice to him for at least a week (just kidding - I'm always nice to him).

My plans to visit Sylvia have been postponed until Friday.  Her husband's sister and BIL are visiting from North Dakota and I don't want to interfer with their time.  They see them so rarely that this is really precious time together. 

Since I'm going to be home today, I'm going to make a flannel blanket for a baby boy who is due to be born in early March.  I want to get it in the mail this week!  I'll take a picture of it when it's finished.

More soon.   Hugs all around.    XXXX OOOO

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky lucky girl. Good luck with the blanket.
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

The pendant sounds really pretty! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful surprise!
Happy Valentines!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

what a lovely surprise from Dennis, you lucky lady,all I got was a card,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely present from Dennis! I'd love to see the blanket when it's done! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Oh what a delightful surprise from Dennis ,is the baby boy to be born your new Grandson? ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

How nice for you!  Happy Valentine's Day...Jae