Sunday, February 18, 2007

Birthday Girl

Feb. 17th is my birthday.  We are celebrating on the 18th because Saturday is such a crazy day in this family.  Dennis had meetings with clients, Cari had to work, Bryan and Shannon were going in two different directions with softball practices for Megan and Nathan and everything else they have to do on the weekend so we are going down to their house when they get back from church.  I'm looking forward to having time with my kids and grandchildren.

I had such a nice surprise last night.  Around 9:30 there was a knock on the door.  FedEx delivered a lovely miniture yellow rose bush in the cutest Winnie the Pooh planter box from one of my Journal Land friends.  I was so touched by Linda's kindness.  What a sweet thing for her to do.  I can't wait for the tiny little buds to bloom so I can post a picture of the pretty tiny roses. 

My mother-in-law, Bernice sent me a hand painted, water color birthday card of pink roses.  She does such lovely paintings.  I am going to frame this card and put it on my dresser.  I'll take a picture of it and post it. 

I picked out some clothes that I want so my husband is footing the bill for them as my gift from him.  What a guy!  He knows how much I like to shop and I know how much he hates to shop so this is a win win situation for us when he gives me money to get what I want.  LOL

I'm done for the day.  It's almost 1 a.m.  I need to get some sleep so I'm perky for tomorrow.

Nighty night.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Kathy, I hope you have a lovely day today! That was kind of Linda to send the planter and I hope you enjoy spending your birthday money from Dennis and can find something you really like! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a lovely time with your family. Many happy returns.
Love
Debbie
http://journals.aol.co.ul/drb1064/whatever

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you kathy! there are a lot of Feb. birthdays in J Land..wow!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kathy!  I hope you enjoyed your time with your family!  I know, for me, that's the best Birthday present ever!

Hugs and love
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Avery happy birthday Kathy ,what a lovely day and super presents too ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kathy, hope that you have a lovely day
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kathy, the rose bush is a very thoughful present. :o)



Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I didn't know it was your birthday.  It sounds like you've had a good one so far.  Have a wonderful day, today with your family.  And here's wishing you many more Happy Birthday's.   Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
What a nice surprise from your J-friend!  Jae

Anonymous said...

how great is that!  ??  rose