Thursday, February 15, 2007

Re: New Grocery Store and Other Stuff

When I posted the story about the new grocery store with the sound effects in each department, I thought it was a joke all the way around.  But, I guess there have been markets that have had the sounds of hens clucking as you approach the egg shelf.  LOL  My grocery store doesn't have any of those special things.  Anyway, it is just a silly story with the last line being a crass punch line.  LOL   I'm still a 10 year old when it comes to potty humor.  <giggle, giggle, snicker>

Some have asked about the baby blanket and who I made it for.  The blanket is made of 100% cotton flannel, front and back.  I made it for a young man and his girl friend in Coventry, England who are expecting their first baby in early March.  I have been reading his journal, First Time Family Man since he found out he was going to be a dad.  I don't read it often but I have checked back every few weeks and followed his excitement as his baby boy has gotten closer to being born.  I wanted to make the baby a blanket so I sent him an email and asked if it was OK.  I promised that I wasn't a stalker and since I live in Riverside, CA he didn't have to worry about me showing up on his porch.  He sent me his address but warned me that his girlfriend doesn't know about the journal.  It's his special place to vent his thoughts and feelings about impending fatherhood.  He's so very sweet and I've become quite fond of him.  Anyway, that's who the blanket is going to.  I mailed it yesterday along with 3 cute bibs and a few pair of booties.  I told him I wouldn't refer to JLand when I mailed it.  It was up to him to think of a story to explain it.  LOL  He's very smart - he will think of something.

I snagged the following from Love For WildAutumn Rose, another journal I read from time to time:

Watch your thoughts, they become words.

Watch your words, they become actions.

Watch your actions, they become habits.

Watch your habits, they become your character.

I really like that - it's so true.  We need to be aware of our behaviors and their consequences as we rush through this life.

Dennis and I went to The Outback for dinner last night.  We thought we were being so smart to get there at 5:00.  Yeah right!  We were told it was a 35 to 45 minute wait even arriving that early.  Luckily for us, there weren't many parties of 2 so we got seated in about 20 minutes.  What a delicious meal.  I love that place.  They go out of their way to make sure my meal is prepared without extra butter and fat.  I can stay on track when I eat there and have a wonderful meal.  I had a small filet migon, steamed vegetables and a small salad.  I took about 1/4 of the steak home and cut up about 1/2 of that for Kasey.  I'll give her the other piece with her dinner tonight.  She didn't take anytime at all slurping that up!

That's it for right now.  I may be back to add something later.

Hugs!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, great entry.  Thanks for the info about the Outback.  I got a $50 Outback gift card for my birthday...I'll have check them out.  Linda  in WA

Anonymous said...

I figured the shop was a story but still thought it would be a great place to visit, mind you at our local Asda (owned by Walmart) they have a huge button by the eggs and if you press it you get to hear chickens clucking and another by the milk that moos and that is true. Lovely story about the blanket.
Love
Debbie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/drb1064/whatever

Anonymous said...

Ooooo I wonder what story your friend will make up about the blanket and bibs, I would love to know (being the nosey person that I am)
love the tale about the supermarket,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

How nice of you to send the baby things!  I'd sure love to hear the excuse he comes up with!  Think he'll share???  LOL!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Watch your.....  For the first time, I really understand the steps and that the outcome can either be negative or positive.  I think it is amazing that people can meet each other from all over the world through the internet & I am always, always grateful for your support.  ~ Karen ~

http://journals.aol.com/wildautumn1/love-for-wildautumnrose/

Anonymous said...

I hope the new father can come up with some story about the blanket, I'm sure his girlfriend will love it! Glad you had a good time at Outback and Kasey got some steak too! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

What a lovely thing to do for the new dad to be.  Like everyone else, I wonder how he will explain the gift!  I'm sure there is something creative he can think of.  Now if it was something else, then he'd really have some dancing to do!

I've heard about the markets with sounds, haven't seen one yet.  Not sure I want to hear hens in the egg section!  I'm NOT a country girl.  Besides, I can only imagine what other sounds they would create in other departments.

I got your post card yesterday!  I was jumping up and down showing Kim and Sonny the picture of Solvang and started sharing a few memories with them. :-)  I so need to take a trip SOUTH. :-)  Thank you, it brought back some nice memories.

Monica

Anonymous said...

I've heard about the sounds in the market as well. Kinda like if you can't visit the farm we'll bring the farm to you LOL. What a sweet and wonderful thing to do for the new dad. Wonder how he will explain the "other" woman (winks). I do hope someday he does share his journal with his girlfriend, it would give her an insight as to how wonderful a father he will be. Anyone that writes about something like that and their worries.....how could they not be a caring father. I loved the Watch Your Thoughts entry. I actually wrote them down myself, wise words indeed.
I just wanted to add an extra thank you for allowing me into your world. (Hugs) Indigo