Monday, February 12, 2007

Lucky In J-Land

I've read in several other journals that there is some nastiness going on in J-Land.  I feel lucky because everyone who reads my journal has always left kind, supportive, funny, and nice comments.  I've never experienced the kind of hurtful, judging comments that I hear are being left in some journals.  It makes me sad to think anyone would leave a comment that would upset the journal writer.  After all, we are writing about our lives and making ourselves vulnerable by allowing other people the opportunity to take a look at our life circumstances.

Perhaps a warning should be issued about judgments.  It could read:  "Caution when making judgments on others.  When you pass judgment, sometime soon you will find yourself walking in the shoes of the person you judged." 

I know from personal experience, I'm embarrassed to say.  I learned the lesson the hard way in my younger years.  Now, I extend grace and compassion because I don't want any harsh thoughts or judgments to come around to get me down the road.  Besides, it's much better to be kind, loving, and supportive of people.  When you pave your road with love it's what you get back and it makes your world so much better.

Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box for today. 

My weekend was GREAT.  Shannon, Carol and I had a wonderful time.  We went to Solvang on Friday (I posted pictures from scanned post cards) and had fun going in the shops.  We ate lunch there and then headed back to Avila Beach.  The TV cable was out so we watched movies:  Under the Tuscan Sun on Thursday night and Miami Vice on Friday.  Each movie so different from the other but both very good.  On Saturday, we went out to see Dream Girls.  All of us loved it.  It was easy to see why Jennifer Hudson is nominated for every award.  It was her movie.  Outstanding performance.  Eddie Murphy was great, too.  If you like musicals, you'll enjoy this one. 

We had rain off and on Saturday and Sunday but not enough to spoil anything.  The drive home on Sunday was easy with light traffic and

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful. Very lucky Lady!  Love your input on J-Land.  We have to bond together and stay strong.  J-land is so special and we will all have to work hard to keep it that way.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I don't know exactly what the trouble was about, I don't think I want to either! Journalling is meant to be fun, there are some very spiteful people out there trying to ruin it. I'm lucky too that I only get nice comments. I did read the guidelines for commenting which said you should only leave polite comments on the subject written about, looks like a lot of people don't do that! I'm glad you had a good trip to Solvang. Good luck with the biopsy results tomorrow. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love Solvang !!!!  Sounds like you had a good time.  Wasn't "Dream Girls" just wonderful ??  I saw it with my friend Barbara and we both loved it.   In the last 3 months I've had 2 basal cell spots removed, one off the top of my right hand & the other just below my elbow on my left arm. Both in kind of weird places.  I did get a lot of sunburn as a kid since I'm so fair but continue to be careful with sun exposure as an adult. The worst sunburn when I was a kid was on my back and shoulders since I ran around all summer in halter tops and a swim suit.  But so far no problems there. As far as the journal issues..I say "if you can't write something nice & encouraging, don't write anything at all."   It's a sad situation and people have been hurt...and that's a real shame.   Linda in Washington

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!
Sad about some of the stuff in J-Land. :(
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun!  You are incredibly lucky to be out of all this, believe me!
Jae

Anonymous said...

I know there have been problems in Jland but luckily apart form some strange ranting in an email I have been unaffected. Mind you I always say there is nothing anyone can say or do to me that hasn't been said or done before so bring it on lol. Glad you had a good weekend sounds very relaxing.
Love
Debbie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/drb1064/whatever

Anonymous said...

Its sad when when people try and spoil things for others, J~Land used to be such lovely place to visit, I always say
"If you cant say anything nice about somebody then dont say it at all"

So glad that you enjoyed your weekend, its sounds like a lovely place where you stayed,
good luck with your biopsy tomorrow,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely place...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Kath like you, the group I visit ,and visit are  all lovely people ,and we all get on ,it is such a shame to spoil a lovely place ,talking of lovely places your weekend looked delightful so pleased you had a good time ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I've had a couple of J-land problems, but for the most part I have stayed above the fray so far! It gets hard when you find yourself between three friends who suddenly hate each other and shouting venom publically. I promised myself that I would not take sides and get bogged down by the stress of something that didn't even involve me. That approach hurt some people who expected more of me as a friend but, for once, I just had to put myself first and stay out of it. It's sad really, that people just can't get along or say nothing....ya know? Oh well, off my soap box too....that was fun though, Kathy!!! LOLOL!
I'm so glad your trip went well and I will be praying for positive results on your hand....please let us know how it comes out.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

I try and stay out of these types of things.  And avoid trouble of this type.  I stopped posting any type specific things regrading any of my students on my school bus, unless it's a general thing like, "some kid said this or that".  You never know if someone could get upset and I value my job.  I never told my dil or stepson thatI post the kids pictures I suppose I should.  She only looks at myspace so I guess I am in the clear.  People really do need to have some real problems in their lives to get this wrapped up in silly things.  Karma is real, trust me I've seen it!

sounds like a lovely trip!  rose