Monday, February 19, 2007

Andrew's Car Adventure

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon at my son's house.  We had a wonderful time with everyone but, as usual, the kids were especially fun.  Below, you will find some pictures of 2-year old Andrew showing me his driving skills.

100_0026.jpg

Andrew is showing me how well he can drive his little car.

100_0024.jpg

Now, he wants to show me what it would look like if he was in a crash, so he is preparing.  See, he is opening the little door.  He totally sets up the scene below so don't worry, he's not hurt:

100_0025.jpg

Here he is, sprawled out on the ground in his crash mode to show grandma what it would look like if he really did crash.

LOL  I think he's going to be a stunt man.  This boy loves to reenact crashes, talk about crashes, watch crashes (we were watching the Daytona 500 and he was delighted with the amount of crashes there were in that race!).  He's such a little DUDE.

                                       * * * * * * *

I had a very nice birthday celebration.  Bryan grilled steak and chicken.  Shannon fixed scalloped potatoes for her father-in-law (his favorite) and she steamed fresh green beans and made a huge salad with every kind of salad goodie in it for me (my favorite).  We had a good time visiting and enjoying the afternoon together.  The kids were surprised because I took them 'birthday' presents.  I took each of them a little something.  Earlier in the week I found a package of training pants for Andrew that have the cars from the movie Cars on them.  His parents are getting ready to start potty training soon after the baby arrives and he has adjusted so I thought he'd enjoy having undies with cars on them for the big event.  I couldn't take him something without a little something for the other two so when I went to Target for a few things I picked up a small Legos toy for Nathan and a My Little Pet Shop kittie for Megan.  I got Andrew a tiny  John Deer tractor on a flatbed truck, too.  Undies just would not have made an impression if the other two got toys (see it's a vicious circle!!!  LOL).  Anyway, they enjoyed their little toys.  Meg wasn't feeling well.  She was running a temp of 101 so I ran down to the drug store and picked up some Tylenol for Shannon while she finished fixing dinner.  I hope Megan isn't getting strep throat.  Shannon said a note came home from school last week saying the kids in her class had been exposed.

Cari and Sam surprised me with a gift card to Coldwater Creek.  I still have the one she gave me for Christmas and along with the $$$ Den gave me I will have a very good time shopping in my favorite store.  Bryan and Shannon gave me a gift card to the Claim Jumper restaurant.  Dennis and I will be able to go there one evening for a dinner out.

I have to say turning fffiffty-8 wasn't so bad.  I sure don't feel like I'm that age.  I don't think I act it either.  LOL  I'm still a big kid at heart.

Until later.   Hugs......

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It didn't hit me until this last January when I reached the 65 mark.  That was tough...but I realize a lot of my friends are already 65 and the others that I went to high school with...will be 65 sometime during this year.  One by one they'll hit the 65 mark. LOL   Linda in cold, rainy Washington state

Anonymous said...

so glad that you enjoyed your birthday, and the children liked their gifts you took them, LOL at Andrew doing his stunts for you, bless him, he could be a star in the making,
have fun shopping
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Awww...your grandson is adorable!!!  Staging his own little crash site!  What a doll!

Seems like you had a fun birthday, Kathy!  Your family appears to be awesome and so loving!  All that food sounds yummy, especially the salad.  I'm a big salad fan too, and do, in fact, eat it almost every day!  

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Andrew's so cute, glad to know he's prepared for a crash! I hope Meg's throat is better soon and it's not strep throat. Glad you had a great day, I'm two years behind you! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

What a lovely birthday with all those special people ,loved the pictures of your stunt man lol ,Enjoy spending your b/day money ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great family. So close and happy.   Andrew is adorable.  Happy B-day:)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Age is just a number lol, family sound nice and Andrew looks edible lol.
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I don't feel my age or think I act it either..glad you had a nice birthday..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh your birthday flew past and I didnt realize it till just now (smacks forehead) I hope it was filled with all the love and laughter you so richly deserve. Your grandson is adorable as well as creative re enacting the crash scene. (Hugs)
Indigo