Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday Afternoon Update

My daughter-in-law called me after her OB appointment today.  She's 12 weeks pregnant and because she will have a C-Section her Dr. thinks the baby will be here the end of March.  I'm getting so excited!  Still praying for another granddaughter - thinking P I N K!!!  She is having an ultrasound exam in the morning so I will be leaving earlier in the day than I planned.  Her last pregnacy was extremely high risk because the placentia was over the cervix.  She was in bed from the 17th week until Andrew was delivered in the 36th week.  There is only a very small possibility of that happening again but Dr. wants to rule it out or confirm it NOW so they will know what to expect.  No surprises this time.

I got a kick out of some of the comments I got over my entry about Suzie the Oven Cleaner.  If anyone suggests that I prepare Prime Rib Roast or something else that splatters, FORGET IT!  I've opened the oven door a few times today just to admire her work.

I managed to get a few things done that have been on my TO DO list for some time.  I took 5 bags of clothing to Goodwill this afternoon.  Most of it was my old larger size clothing but some was out of Dennis's side of the closet, too.  I'm only keeping one pair of pants and one t-shirt in the largest size that I ever wore as a reminder of where I was.  I'm tossing or giving away the larger sizes as I go down.  I got more laundry done - bedding, rugs, towels, and kitchen towels.  Gosh, that takes up a lot of time! 

Since I'm going to be gone until Sunday night, I'm going to spend time reading journals and finding out what's going on with my J-Land buddies.

ô..ô

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will think PINK with you, Kathy!  Take it easy though.....you have 6 months left to be excited! lol   Actually, I know the feeling!  I was like that the whole time that Tracy was pregnant with Garrett!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I wish Suzie the oven cleaner would pay me a visit.  My oven is old and not self cleaning, like I've had in every other house I've lived in.  I guess you could say it is  "myself cleaning."
I hope all goes well with that pregnancy.  We are so blessed to live in this day and age....imagine 100 years ago or even 50-60 years ago how different things were for women with problem pregnancies.   I wish I could thow out my BIG clothes...still need them.  Have to really start working on that issue.   Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

Funny but I always clean the oven when I want to make the place clean for visitors too! I never have had one mention it or ask to look inside it, still do it though! I hope your daughter in law has a trouble free pregnancy this time although being prepared for it will be a good thing for her. We're all thinking pink for you! It's nice to throw your clothes out when you no longer need those larger sizes, nice too to give them to a goodwill shop where others can buy! Have a lovely weekend and i hope you get in the pool with the kids and have lots of fun! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well for your daughter in law this time for all of you, thinking pink with you, have a nice weekend
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Im thinking pink for you Kathy ,its good the Doc is preparing your your daughter in law ,for all  eventuallitys ,still hoping the sun shines for your swim with the Grandchildren ,.,.,have a fun weekend ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,  It`s good to know that the doctors are being so careful with your daughter-in-law this time round.  Kerry had to have a C section and she will most likely be offered it again if and when she has another baby.  It`s better to be safe than sorry.  About your oven, maybe you should just keep it for show and eat out every day...lol!  ;o)))

Sandra xxxx