Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Planning for Company

                       

Fall is in the air even though it's very warm here.  Nights are cooling down and some of the leaves are starting to turn.  I can't wait for full time Fall when sweaters can be worn all the time and there is that little bite of cold in the air in the morning.  It's so nice after the long hot summer.

My husband's step-mom will be arriving Thursday.  I talked to her this morning with a weather update so she will know what to pack.  She's so excited about her visit.  At 86, she is in remarkably good health.  She has some knee problems so she can't walk for long periods of time.  Dennis is taking her to 2 baseball games.  She is so excited about that!  I'm taking her to lunch at the beach and I have a few other things that she might like to do but I will let her choose.  The thing she wants most to do is spend time with us and our kids and to get to meet our grandchildren.  We've promised family time with a lot of visiting and that's made her the happiest.  Her time with us will be fun but it will go by too fast!

Shannon's doctor called her yesterday afternoon.  He doesn't want her to do any lifting or pushing (vacuuming, pushing the stroller or a grocery cart) for the next 4 weeks.  He does not want to take a chance on having the baby's placenta moving lower and causing the same problem as last time.  Bryan is helping out until next Wednesday which is when I can get back down there to help out.  Den's step-mom, Marj, is leaving Tuesday so I can go down again after then to help with Andrew, vacuuming, grocery shopping and packing up the house for their move.  I told them that I have nothing on my calendar in October and I can be there whenever they need me.  Having a healthy mom and baby is our priority and whatever we can do to make sure that happens is what I want to do.  After the 4 weeks, she will have another ultrasound and if things look good, he will lift the restrictions.  If not, then we will go from there.  We are praying that this preventative measure will work.

That's about it for now.  More soon.

ô..ô

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope it works for Shannon and Bryan, it must be such a worry for you all. It'll be nice to spend some time with Dennis's step-mom, hope she enjoys the games and the beach! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my journal.  Your journal looks absolutely delightful. I will spend some time reading some of the previous entries and getting to know you.  Also will be anxiously awaiting the birth of Shannon's baby!!  Such and exciting event.
Jill

Anonymous said...

So.. you've got fall happening at your end?  I'm still waiting for it to call off! :(   I don't think it EVER will!  It's 88 right now!  Ridiculous!  Got my electric bill and it was 300.00!  Not as bad as last month (400.00), but still outrageously overpriced!  I haven't worn a sweater in forever.  BTW.. what is a sweater??? lol

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Ihope you have a nice time with Dens stepmum ,you sound as though your looking forward to seeing her ,I hope you are able to help your son and his wife ,,they are so lucky to have you to support them as you do .,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope that Dennis's mum enjoys her visit to you, and that she enjoys the places you have chosen to visit, fingers crossed for Shannon and the baby,
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

see catching up now lol yes Im ready for fall myself and some leaves are turning. I hope more will by next week. Love the pics of the kiddos below and that dog chopper what a name how befitting lol