Monday, September 4, 2006

Safely Home and Enriched by our Experience

We're home!  Our 9 day adventure ended last night when we arrived safely at Ontario Airport in H O T  Southern California.  It was great to see our daughter, Cari and her fiance, Sam.  And, of course, when we got home, to be greeted by our Westie, Kasey, was so much fun.  She was so happy to have us back and today, she has been my little white shadow.

It seems like it was weeks ago when we first arrived in Vancouver, B.C. to start our vacation with a day in the beautiful city before we started the cruise to Alaska.  It was such a good idea to get there a day ahead and to be rested  before boarding the ship.  We stayed in a hotel about a 10 minute cab ride away from the dock.  The weather was wonderful so we were able to get out and walk a lot.  We found delightful places to have lunch and dinner on Saturday and a cute little sidewalk cafe to have breakfast on Sunday morning.  The thing that surprised us the most was seeing a Starbuck's Coffee shop on nearly every corner and midway down each block. We loved Vancouver.  It's a clean, beautiful city with friendly people and somewhat crazy cab drivers.  LOL

Boarding The Serenade of The Seas for our cruise was exciting.  It's a beautiful ship with all of the amenities of a 5 star resort hotel.  Our cabin was on the 9th deck toward the front of the ship.  In 179 sq. feet, they fit in a nice sized closet, a bath room, a small sitting area with a love seat couch, table and a vanity/desk area, a queen size bed and a deck that was big enough for 2 chairs and a little table.  Small but nicely arranged so you don't feel cramped.

We had early sitting for dinner at 6:00 p.m. each night and sat at a table for 4 with our friends.  We weren't right next to a window but just a table away so we did have a nice view.  The dining room on the ship was elegant and the food was very good.  My waiter was great about helping me get the foods I needed so I never went off program the entire week.  If you can imagine... not one roll or piece of bread, no potatoes, no rice or pasta, and not one of those wonderful desserts that my husband and friends were gobbling up.  I had lean meats and chicken, fresh steamed vegetables, and delicious salads each night.  It was perfect for me.

The entertainment was fun.  The staff professional and friendly.  I would have to give the experience an A+.

I will be journaling about each day as I download my pictures and organize my thoughts.  I just wanted to start with a general overall entry.

It's good to be home and now, I'm going to go about reading some other journals to see how some of my JLand friends have been doing while I was gone.

Until later.......................   ô..ô

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy..so glad you  had a wonderful time and are home safe & sound.  I've already got group rates for another Alaska cruise leaving from Seattle on August 17, 2007. I want to do it again, so I can the rest of the sights in each city.  Deposit not due until November so let me know if you'll be ready &  interested in going  back next year.   Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE MY HERO KATHY!!!!  An entire 9 days on a cruise ship and you stayed on plan?? Hey, I've been on a cruise and I know the spread they put out...especially the fancy desserts. I am so very proud of you, and motivated by your determination to stay on plan and keep reaching for your goal. You are going to be my role model next weekend when I'm at the Island with all of the fudge and fancy dinners....my motto is going to be "What would Kathy do?" You rock girlfriend!!!
So glad you had a great time and grateful that your travels brought you safely back home. :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Kathy! I'm so happy you enjoyed the cruise and manged to stay on your healthy eating diet. I don't care for all those rich desserts anyhow, they make me feel so sluggish! I look forward to seeing your pics and hear all about it when you have the time to come back and tell us. AOL haven't been sending alerts to many of us so I'll drop by each day to see if you've posted! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

{{{Kathy}}}  Welcome back to HOT and sunny southern California!  It is hot, isn't it?  I am so looking forward to some cooler weather.  We've had this hot spell for nearly4 months now.  Enough is enough!

Your cruise sounds like fun.. and I can't wait to see your pictures!  So happy that you had a good time!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME! {{{}}}
Sug