Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Couple of Things

Just got back from having lunch with my buddy, Dianne.  We had a lot of fun talking about our vacation and catching up on our adjustment to life after being so pampered for a week.  Neither of us like making our own beds and picking up after ourselves very much.  LOL  Oh, well, life is hard sometimes.

I'm going up to Cambria again for a few days.  I have a Dr. appointment on Friday so I will take the train up tomorrow afternoon.  I'll be staying at my sister's home.  I haven't decided when I'm coming home.  I need to talk to my sister.  She and her husband are getting home today from a ten day trip to Hawaii.  I want to see how much of me she can stand after being away from home. 

A friend of mine sent me the following website:  http://www.familywatchdog.us/  You can enter your address and find out if there are any sex offenders living near your home.  It's easier to use than the Megan's Law website.  Not a pleasant thing to have to check but if you have kids, a necessary thing this day and age.

I'm in the mood to clean out closets and throw stuff away that has been collecting dust around here.  I've felt this urge coming on for a few weeks and now that vacation is over it's really starting to get strong.  If I weren't going away this weekend I would have Dennis bring in one of the big trash cans and I would start right now.  Next week, I'm having a woman come clean for the day.  I think if I get a head start with this project, when she's here we can really get in and clean all the corners, behind the furniture and do all the things that I don't do on a regular basis.  It's going to be nice to get these things done!

I found something interesting on Google.com last night.  After researching for my Sept. 11th tribute, I pulled an old family address list and Googled my cousin, Derek's name.  I haven't seen him since he was around 10 years old (he's 37 now).  I know he lives in Vancouver, B.C. and is an architect.  I thought maybe I could find information about his work.  I found out that he has made a bunch of little videos about Vancouver showing nice places to eat and visit.  He and his girlfriend, Kim, film and narrate the videos and then post them.  They promote riding a Vespa and enjoying a cappuccino.  For those who don't know, a Vespa is a little scooter motor bike that is popular in Europe and I guess in Canada.  It's a tiny little thing and it's hard for me to imagine my 6' 8" tall cousin riding around on one of them.  It was surreal to watch him, all grown up, giving a tour of Commercial St. in Vancouver.  I'm going to send him an Email and let him know I spyed him. 

I have a nail in a bit so I'm going to close for now.

Until later....................     ô..ô

 

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good rest of the day.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your cousin's 6'8"?! That's tall! Can you send the cleaning lady to me please, I need her! I hope your sister enjoyed Hawaii, I loved it over there, it's paradise! I hope you and Dianne get back into the swing of things, it's horrid after the holiday is over and you have to carry on taking care of the mundane things in life! Hope your doctors' appointment goes well for you. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,  I hope your sister enjoyed her holiday in Hawaii, I`d love to visit there. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope that you enjoy your weekend with your sister, hope that they had a nice holiday in Hawaii
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend with your sister ,how exciting to google your cousin ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Im in the mood to dig out my fall and winter clothes. Our ky site has a place to check on sex offenders. they also will give you phone calls when eachtime one moves so you can check the site . Its an automated phone call so no biggie