Friday, June 1, 2007

A couple of things to report this morning

I finished Matthew's quilt yesterday.  It's been a long time in the making.  I got it back from the quilter's just before my Dad passed away but I've had so much going on that I wasn't able to clear the time to put the binding on.  I've posted pictures of different sections and the whole thing below:

Hey Diddle Diddle The Cat and the Fiddle

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater, Had a Wife and Couldn't Keep Her

Four and twenty black birds baked into a pie and when the pie was opened the birds began to sing, wasn't that a mighty dish to set before a king....

And the dish ran away with the spoon..........

Little Bo Peep's Lost Sheep

There was an old woman who lived in a show, she had so many children she didn't know what to do.........

Little Bo Peep has lost her sheep and she doesn't know where to find him.........

This is the small print on the back of the quilt.

This is the front of the quilt.  It does not show the blue border that I spent so much time sewing on yesterday. Darn...  Oh, well, you can see a bit of it on the picture above.  The quilter sewed around each of the figures so when it is washed, they will puff out and it will seem 3-D.  Very cute idea.  I hope Matthew enjoys his quilt and learning all of these nursery rhymes.

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sug

Anonymous said...

That is ADORABLE!  You are very talented...and I am very jealous! (lol)

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Very nice !!  Wow, that's too nice to be used as a quilt...should be a wall hanging instead.   Quilting is on my "after I retire" list but needless to say, I haven't got to it yet.  I've yet to do the things I was going to do in February after I quit working.  Again, beautiful quilt...an heirloom for sure.   Linda in Washington  

Anonymous said...

The quilt is lovely.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Kathie that is lovely ,what a lovely thing ,lucky baby ,how very clever ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful Kathy, I agree with Linda, it would make a wonderful wall hanging! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely beautiful & filled with love!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, I'm astonished at the detail. This will be something not only will he enjoy, but worthy enough to be passed on to his own children. (Hugs) Indigo