Saturday, June 2, 2007

Looking at Life with New Eyes

 

Spanish Steps, Rome             Coliseum, Rome

italy               italy

I got up early this  morning, 6:30 to be exact.  Cari went to work and Dennis has appointments in Orange County so I have the house to myself until at least 12:30.  I started off by mopping the floors, cleaning out the refrigerator and doing a few loads of laundry.  When I took my breakfast break, I got caught up on my journal reading which lead me to make an entry before going back to finish my house work.

I am in such awe of journalers who can lay open their lives and hearts and put it all out there for everyone to read. As I read about someone finishing her cancer treatments and another person writing about coming from a life of abuse to flourish and grow, I thought about the things I write about and realized that there are areas of my life that I never share and it made me wonder why I keep those things so private.  It gives me courage and pushes me to be more open and forthcoming about my own life when I read what these brave women have been through and how they are unafraid to share it and to be vulnerable and open. I wonder if they realize how much they help others by sharing their stories.  I hope they do. 

I am praying for courage, strength, wisdom, discernment, and direction right now.    There is a big door opening for my sister and me and it will require that we really put ourselves out there and on the line.  It will require that we travel and be away from home at least 10 to 15 weekends a year.  It will require that we be totally accountable with our food plan and exercise program.  It's about taking what we are learning from the two books I mentioned in a previous post, our  food program and a few other resources and putting together a weekend retreat for women struggling with food related issues.  It's being sponsered by a large church's associate pastor who is extremely excited about the idea and who will help get this going in churches throughout So. California.  Our first retreat is scheduled for August so we are getting started with the program outline and plans.  I'm excited, enthused, scared, and full of buzzzzz.  I used to think the buzzz feeling was anxiety but now I know it's excitement.  I know we can do this with God's help.

Well, my house isn't getting cleaned with me sitting here at the computer.  I'm going to get back at it and finish.

Byeee for now.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you a lovely wkend.
Hugs,
Sug

Anonymous said...

That sounds exciting...I know God will lead you both in the right direction.   Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

That sounds a very interesting project to be involved inIcan understand all those feelings thats how I felt last week before my talk ,but I was fine once I had started,with good preparation you can do it ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That sounds quite a project you are going to take on. I`m sure that you will be successful too. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

That sounds quite a project you are going to take on. I`m sure that you will be successful too. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

The project sounds exciting Kathy! I know you'll be able to help others and it will help you too by keeping you focused on the good and bad of food. I think we all have things in our lives we just don't want to talk about, I know I have! Have a good weekend! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your project.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds quite a challenge.. I wish you the best..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

You are so right.  Other peoples stories do help us all.
Good luck on you new venture.  You will do great!  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Those woman you speak about in other journals are just as touched to read your journal dear one. If your encouraged to open up more about your life to share, I'm willing to listen. I know for some people it's hard to open those doors. It took me years to finally say ok, the demons in my head needed to go somewhere besides forever haunting me. I've come to find journals hold a certain , soul searching , healing for me.
As for your little adventure, wonderful news. I know you and your sister will succeed in this. I'm keeping you in my prayers on the smoke that things will continue to go well. (Hugs) Indigo