Friday, June 8, 2007

An Important Conversation

So I'm sitting on the sofa scratching Megan's back.......Nathan walks over and props his elbow on my shoulder and looks at me with those big blue eyes,  "Grandma?"

"Yes, Nate?"

"You promise to come visit us a lot if we move?  I mean a LOT?"

I look into his face and see a worried little boy with the need for reassurance. 

"Yes, Nate."  I stop scratching Megan's back and pull him into my arms.  "I promise to come as often as I can.  I already told grandpa that I have to see you guys a LOT!"

I feel him relax, "Oh, good."

Megan leans into me, "Oh, good."

"I'll even kidnap you and bring you home with me when you're out of school and you can stay with me and grandpa for a few weeks."

They both jump to their feet, faces aglow with joy.  "Yeahhhh!!!!!"

That settles that.

They are in Maui.  Bryan is getting ready for the big meeting this morning.  He'll call us tomorrow with the news.  Believe me, this is far more important than whether or not Paris goes back to jail today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It most certainly is ! Of course you are trying to be brave ,but I know how you are feeling ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Kids are so sweet aren't they? I know they're tugging on your heart strings! Of course you'll see them as much as possible, maybe go and stay with them for a couple of weeks before you 'kidnap' them and bring them back to your place! Have a good weekend. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

There is no distance that can keep a grandma from her grandbabies!!  I totally understand!  rose~

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this almost had me in tears. Your grandkids are the sweetest! (Hugs) Indigo