Saturday, June 16, 2007

Weekend Preview

This is going to be a busy weekend.  I'll have a lot to journal about on Monday.  Today, Dennis and I are driving south to Rancho Santa Fe to meet my sister and brother-in-law.  We will be staying at his parent's home overnight.  The elder Stuart's are off on a cruise and my sister and BIL are babysitting their dog while they are gone.  We are going down to enjoy their company and catch up.  We haven't seen Keith in quite awhile and are looking forward to our time with him.

Sunday morning, the four of us will have breakfast and then drive up to Bryan and Shannon's for an  afternoon BBQ Father's Day celebration.  Cari will be meeting us there, too.  What fun!  All of us together for the afternoon.  That doesn't happen often enough.

I had a dream about my dad early this morning.  I woke up about 5:15 after dreaming I had been visiting him in his hospital room.  It was so real.  He was in bed by the window and the sunlight was filtering in.  I was holding his hand.  I don't remember us talking at all ~ I was just holding his hand while he slept.  When I woke up, I was crying.  Missing him tears.  My first Father's Day without him and it's going to seem very incomplete without the phone call wishing him a happy day.

I am very happy that my family is getting together for a fun day.  That will help a lot!  It gives me a chance to count my many blessings.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are going to be having such a great time.  Must be sad for you the first year without your Dad.  I have been thinking of mine a lot today and I lost him in 1986.  I will always miss him.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time today. It's a sad time of year for those of us who have lost our parents but I know the family will keep you busy and occupied. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I dream about my mom all the time!  It's like she's telling me she misses me too!  Can't wait to hear about your good time!  rose~

Anonymous said...

I believe our loved ones are with us always. We keep pieces of them alive within our hearts. So yes, I do believe at that moment your dad was saying he's thinking of you too and misses you hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I Hope you had a good time with your family, Kathy. I want you to know that I said a prayer for you on Father's Day....and even though we weren't in touch, I was thinking of you very much that day. I hope you felt it and that it helped your sad day go better, if even just for a second.

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda