Friday, March 2, 2007

It's Time to Go.

The time has come for me to go to my father.  The pulmonary fibrosis is getting worse and he is failing.  Even though his numbers were good last night, the scan this morning told another story.  My mother called and asked me to come.

I am leaving at 6:00 tomorrow morning and flying into Denver.  I'll then take one of those little, bouncy flights into Laramie.  I got some anti-air sick pills at the drug store today.  Last time I took one of those planes it took everything I had not to hurl when we were 5 minutes outside of Laramie.  I don't want to take that chance again.

We are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Thank you all for your supportive comments and prayers.  It means a lot to me at this lonely time.  I love you all.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your dad, I'm glad you'll be there for your mother, she needs support at this time. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you all. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

You dad is in my prayers.  Stay strong for him.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Kathy, and know that we are praying for your dad, daily.  Have a safe trip, and keep us informed, if you can!

Love and hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Your news saddens me.  Enjoy every minute you get to spend with him.  Hope your flight is good.  Best wishes and love go with you...Jae

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear your father is failing.  Have a safe trip...I'm glad you're able to go, to be there with both of your parents.  God Bless....Linda in Washington  

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Safe trip.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all Honey, hope that you have a safe and calm trip,
take care Love N Hugs Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Kathy you carry our prayers with you ,safe journey ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you Kathy, have a safe journey.

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

It is so difficult to be far away while our parents are ailing.  You are a wise woman to trust your instincts.  My prayers are sent your way...rose

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping you in my prayers on the smoke. I will keep the fires of hope burning for you. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Please know I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.  I'm so sorry to read this and wish I could say something that would bring comfort, all I can offer are prayers and love.

Monica