Monday, March 19, 2007

INTRODUCING MATTHEW STEPHEN JAUERT

It's  A  BOY!   Matthew Stephen Jauert arrived this morning.  He tipped the scales at 6 lb. 7 oz. and is 18 1/2 inches long.  A tiny little guy with a great big cry!  He is in perfect health and we are totally smitten with him.

I can't wait to hold him and give him a snuggle.  I'll be going back to the hospital around 5:30/6:00 tonight.  He's just adorable!

It took me less than a minute to get over the fact that he wasn't a SHE.  LOL  As long as he's healthy and his Mom is doing great, that is all that matters.

Now, I'm going to take a nap.  I haven't had any sleep since 2:30 this morning.  I'm exhausted.

p.s.  I edited this on 3/24 to correct the spelling of his name from Mathew to Matthew.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gran ,how wonderful Iam so pleased for you ,what a day you have had ,I hope you sleep and arent over tired ,,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and welcome to the world Mathew. glad everything went well he is some kind of gorgeous and made to heal your heart.
Best wishes
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the proud new gma, & the parents! Welcome baby boy Mathew (just one t ?).
Blessings on all!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the happy family.  I love his name...both first & middle from the Bible.  Take a nice long nap grandma, he'll be waiting for you when you wake up.   Linda in Washington  

Anonymous said...

Many Congratutions on the birth of Mathew Stephen, he`s such a beautiful baby and I thought he looked much bigger than his birth weight. He is a little sweetheart. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you all, love the name, so pleased that everything went well for your DIL and that you are the very proud Grandma to a lovely Grandson,

So many mixed emotions for you to deal with in one day, I hope that you manage to get some well deservered  rest,
God Bless Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

he looks like a keeper grandma!!  what a blessing!  xoxo rose~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to everyone!  What a cutie!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kathy, Mathew's gorgeous! When I saw the first pic I thought how much like Andrew he looks! It's been a rollercoaster day for your emotions, I'm so glad it ended on a high note for you. I just know your dad would have loved his new great grandson. Jeannette xx   http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/