Thursday, June 15, 2006

Sunny Thursday

It's a beautiful day today.  It's sunny and breezy - not too warm - the air conditioner hasn't come on yet.  That's always good news as our electricity bill goes sky high during the summer months.  Cari's birthday was a big success.  She had a great day and enjoyed herself very much.

Today, I have been catching up on some letter writing and thank you notes that need to be sent out.  I am a stickler for sending Thank You cards in a timely fashion.  It's something I don't procrastinate about.  I get my fetish about that from my mother and I hope I've passed it on to my children.  There is a joke in our family every Christmas morning, our children would find Thank You cards tucked inside their Christmas Stockings so there was never any excuse for them not writing notes to everyone who had remembered them with a gift.  I still give them each a package of Thank You cards because I'm sure they would be disappointed if I forgot.  If they would ask, "Do I HAVE to?????"  I would say, "No, of course, not, I'll just tell Auntie not to buy you another gift.  If she can take the time to work for the money, plan what to buy, get in her car, go to the store, buy a gift, come home, wrap it,....................."  by that time, they would be rolling their eyes and heading to their room to write the note.  LOL  I was such a mean mommy.

I started a new public journal for posting entries to scavenger hunts, photo essays, word games, etc.  It's called A Little Left of Center and the link is on the left.  I've posted 3 entries so far.  It's kind of fun to participate in something with a different slant.

I'm off to get a load of clothes out of the dryer, put one in and start another in the wash cycle.  How fun is that?  My life is so exciting isn't it?  I'm not really complaining.  It's nice to have things back to a slower paced version of normal around here.

More soon!

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou is a good thing to say ,.......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I always think Thankyou notes are nice to receive, it shows you appreciate the gift. My mum used to make us write them too! I have a public journal as well where I put Scavenger Hunt pics, I'll go over and look at yours. Have a lovely day. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I think the fun journal will be good relaxation for you. Asking for a little extra prayer today this evining I have to call my mom........ her dr called and is trying to get her to make an appointment at the memory loss clinic

Anonymous said...

Making my rounds through J-land, wanted to stop & wish you a happy wkend! :)
Sugar