Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Productive Morning

I had a productive morning.  I just love it when that happens.  LOL  I got up and got right to work getting things done.  Two loads of laundry and a shopping trip out of the way before 1:00 p.m.  Not bad for this old slug.

The mall opens at 10 in the morning so I got there at 10:15 in order to get a good parking spot.  They are building a new section and have closed off at least 1/4 of the parking spaces so it's difficult to find a good spot if you wait too late in the day.  I was on a mission to find an outfit for Megan's 7th birthday gift.  I went into two girl's shops and looked around.  The clothes looked like they were made for tiny little hookers.  I can't believe some of the things they sell to young girls.  My daughter-in-law would never allow Megan to dress like that, thank God!  Since there was nothing appropriate in those 2 stores, I went to Penneys.  They have a lot of the same mini-hooker items but they also have a lot of more conservative and very cute clothes.  I found a pair of blue cropped pants with a sparkly belt, a little white eyelet blouse with a white cammie under it, and a white cap sleeved T-shirt with a jeweled butterfly on the front.  All of it cute, modest and total Megan. 

Tomorrow I am going to spend the day with the grandkids.  Shannon has a CPR class so I will be taking care of them while she is in school.  Bryan will be home from work around 2 or 3:00 p.m.  After he gets home, Megan and I will go the mall down there so she can choose an outfit and an outfit for her Build-a-Bear.  I just learned about Build-a-Bear a few months ago.  It's a store where kids can go in and pick out the body of an animal - bear, dog, whatever - have it stuffed and then choose from many different outfits to make it unique to their taste.  She has a bear and a white poodle and says she needs more clothes for them so I told her she could pick something out and I would buy it for her birthday.  (See picture above.)

Not much else to report at this time so I think I'll head out to the kitchen and put a salad together for lunch.  Until later.........  ô..ô

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun with the grandkids . wow you got a lot done

Anonymous said...

We have a build a bear shop here in Brighton! I agree some of the clothes for young children are disgraceful, I'd never have let my daughter wear stuff like that! Hope you managed to get all that Megan wanted! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Kathy

Thank you for adding me as one of your readers.  I noticed you live in Southern California too.  I live in Riverside County, in the Banning, Beaumont area..  Where abouts do you live?  If you don't mind me asking.  You don't need to say exactly, it's just that the way you were describing your weather, well, it sounds exactly like mine!  It has been so awful the last few days.  Hot, humid, and the air is just gross! :(   I am a California Winter girl.  I love our mild winters.  Don't care much for summer at all!

Your granddaughter is a real cutie!  :)

Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Waitingtoexhale/

Anonymous said...

They started those clothes when Mandy was about in 1st grade. The big rage was Madonna and her "Like a Virgin" crap. By third grade, I was clearly in the minority of Moms who didn't let her listen to that and dress in some of those outfits. I worked hard to keep her "age apporpriate" and it wasn't always easy, but when I see the nice girl she turned out to be I know it was all worth it. Tell your DIL to keep up the good work, she's a GREAT Mom!. Not to mention the good example she has in Grandma :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~