Friday, June 23, 2006

It's the end of the week and I'm tired tonight.  I had a good day.  It started off with a trip into Orange County (about 25 miles from here) to pick up blue print paper for Dennis.  Talk about lucky!  I hit the traffic just right.  There was no traffic going in.  On the way home, it started slowing about 7 miles before my exit.  There was a repair crew and a Highway Patrol car stopping traffic to get something out of the traffic lanes.  Lucky for me, I was only about 50 cars back so when they got out of the way we got up to speed very quickly.  Had I stopped for coffee like I thought about doing it would have taken me a lot longer to get home.

I went to the mall and the art supply store before going home to take care of a few errands.  While at the mall I saw a pretty red suit that had a  ruffled skirt.  I'd always wanted to wear something like that so I took it in the dressing room and tried it on.  The red did nothing for me but the style was flattering.  If it had come in a shade of blue I may have had to buy it.  I want to get something like that to take on the Cruise to Alaska for one of the more formal dinner nights.  I'll just keep looking until I find the right thing.  On my way back to the car, I went through Nordstrom's.  They have beautiful black silk blouses with Oriental designs that look hand painted on the fabric.  Absolutely beautiful!  The price:   $265.00   Cough, sputter, cough!!  I would love to have one but I don't think I will be spending that much money on just one blouse.  Too bad I'm not independently wealthy. 

I've joined another fitness club.   I'm going to start on Monday doing the water aerobics class at 9:00 in the morning.  I'm excited!  I guess it is really fun.  My friend, Felicia is taking the class so it will be nice to know someone.  I'm going to do the water class 2 or 3 days a week and the other gym 2 or 3 days a week so I'm working out 5 days a week.  Since all of the company and Dad's death, I haven't been to the gym in over 3 weeks.  I miss it and can really feel the difference in my energy level.  My weight loss has really slowed down, too.  I want to getgoing again.  I'm pretty close to my goal and I don't want to stop now. 

   I haven't written about this before because I'm really not sure if I'm going to go through with it or not.  I am going to see a cosmetic surgeon about having a few things nipped and tucked.  My skin isn't as resilient as it was in my younger years and after loosing so much weight, I have a lot of........hmmm, how do I put this delicately?..........flab...LOL.  I guess I have to come right out and say it.  Anyway, I have my husband's blessing to go in for an estimate on the body work - LOL.  Sounds like a dented up old car going into the shop, doesn't it?  I have a wish list so I'm going to get prices on everything and then decide what to do.  My sister and best friend are going to go, too.  My sister wants to get a bit of a face and neck lift.  Dianne wants a face lift.  And I want so much done, my belly  button will be in the middle of my forehead.  LOL  I'm kidding, really.  I'll tell you more after I see the doctor.  I'm nervous and yet excited at the prospects.  We shall see.

   I have had this strange feeling inside all week.  This impending dread kind of feeling.  It's unpleasant and I wish it would go away.  I have nothing to dread.  Everything seems to be fine right now.  My friend, Dianne, said it could be a delayed stress reaction to everything that happened when Dad died.  Could be, I guess.  I don't need to know why.  I just want it to go away.

   Tomorrow is Saturday.  I'm feeding my friend's dogs in the morning.  Her twin grandson's are having their 1st birthday party tomorrow so she and her husband are flying up to San Jose for the big bash.  The boys, Jaxon and Brody are fraternal twins.  One is fair with blue eyes; the other olive skin and brown eyes.  They are both adorable.  They have an older sister, Jayla who will be 5 this summer.  She has the olive skin and brown eyes.  Beautiful children! I love her dogs, too.  Lacy is an Australian Shepherd and Lily is a long haired Chihuahua.  What a pair!   I love holding Lily as she only weighs about 5 pounds.  She curls up in my arms and goes to sleep like a baby while Lacy sits with her back to me between my feet.  When I go home, Kasey goes crazy!  I get the 'sniff-sniff-sniff' treatment because I've been with other dogs!

  I guess that is enough of this yada yada yada......  LOL 

Until later................see ya!   ô..ô

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day. The last few pounds are always the hardest to shift but with your water aerobics and gym it should come off. I wish you luck with the cosmetic surgeon, I would never go to one. I wouldn't have surgery if it wasn't for my physical health, I can't bear being a patient after so many years on the other side!

Anonymous said...

I'm leased your tripto Orange County went well .Your return trip was interesting seeing those outfits ,but yes its alot of money for a Lets know what you decide about the tummy tuck ,and have fun with the dogs ..have a good weekend ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The outfit sounds cute.....too bad it didn't come in the color you wanted. I'm going to join a gym at some point too, definitely after I have my knee surgery and get everything else that aches under control!! I told the orthopedic surgeon I didn't think I was going to be 20 again, but I want to be able to walk and work out some or I won't get to goal. Besides, my skin is more than hanging...it's gross and I hope I can tighten it up, if even just a little! I can't wait to hear about your consult.....and what it'll cost, if we can afford it I want it too. I  would think because of the issues the heavy skin is causing the insurance would help cover it, but we'll have to see what they say when I get to that point! I'm excited for you though.....even though it's scary, it's so exciting at the same time. :) I hope you had fun with the dogs today....bet they were happy to see you show up. You know the twins looking different? My cousin (who also lives in CA!) is blond and fair and she married a hispanic man...they had fraternal twin girls (who are now 13) and they got one of him and one of her, it was the wildest thing ever!!  Have a great Sunday!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~