Monday, May 14, 2007

Hi from Laramie, Wyoming

Good morning!  I hope all the mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.  Mom and I went to church.  Afterwards, we visited with Lillian Hubbard who is the mother of my mom's best friend from her childhood.  Lillian is 102 years old and still plays bridge twice a week.  She is sharp, alert and still lives alone in the home she has occupied for the past 70 years.  What a sweet woman!

Mom and I had a good time in Denver.  Her tests went well and everything looks good.   We visited with her sister, Helen a few times which was very nice.  I got to see three of my cousins and their husbands.  Mom and I even got to go to a Colorado Rocky's baseball game at Coor's stadium with my cousin, Vicki's husband, Jim.  He's an avid baseball fan so it was a delightful evening in summer like weather.

The weather has been GREAT.  Warm ~ in the upper 70's - low 80's.  In Laramie, we have had late afternoon thunderstorms but the temperatures have been in the 70's.  Much better than the last 3 times I've visited when it hasn't been over 25 degrees and there has been snow and lots of cold wind.  I much prefer this! 

There are a pair of Robins nesting in a tree behind Mom's house and a pair of red headed finches nesting in front.  I hope to get pictures before I leave.  They are beautiful birds.  We don't see them in California.

I can't access journals other than my own from here so I will catch up with all of you when I get home.  I hope you are all well.  I miss you!

Hugs.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased that you enjoyed Mothers day with your Mother, and isnt  her friend  doing well for her age, pleased that the test results for your Mother went well, enjoy you break it will do you good,  plenty of time for you to catch up with journals when you get back home,
love Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you had a safe trip to Wyoming.  And it sounds like you and your mom are having a good time.  I'm sure your being there has brightened her days.  Have a good visit .....Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

And we miss you ,but I also envy you being able to visit your Mum ,so just have fun ,give her a hug from me here in the uk ,looking forward to your pictures and news on your return ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Missing you too Kathy! Lillian sounds like an amazing woman. I'm glad you've got nice weather for this visit. Have a great time with your family! Jeannette xx