Friday, December 1, 2006

Sick Call

How could this happen?  I was so diligent about getting a flu shot and quite cocky when people around me started getting sick.  I said, "See, you should have had a flu shot!"  And now look!  I've been hit with the nasty bug and it makes me angry.  I want my money back.  LOL  Started with a sore throat and stuffy nose.  Now I have the aches, throbbing head, stuffy nose, and cough. Poor me.

I'm taking very good care of myself.  I slept for 2 hours this afternoon.  It was an awesome nap.  Real deep sleep with lots of dreaming.  Mmmmm, I love naps like that.

I made a big pot of spicy chicken soup last night and I will heat it tonight for dinner.  Nothing tastes better when you're sick than hot soup.  The spices in it opens up my head and makes me feel better.

That's all for now.  I'm too pooped to type.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there were ever a time to be ill, now when it is too cold to go outside is the best time.  Spoil youself and keep resting.  The nap sounds good.  ;)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to get and use some saline nose spray...it helps kill those nasty bugs and keep new nasty bugs away.  Linda in Washington    

Anonymous said...

Bummer!  I get sick every winter, so this year when my doctor offered the shot, I took it!  I can't believe you got so sick!  Jae

Anonymous said...

I've been holed up in my house so much, there are no bugs that can get to me!  I am completely happy with that.

I hope you feel better soon, Kathy!  The flu sucks!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I just got over it! Yukk!
Hope you feel better real soon.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Awww, hope you feel better soon!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!  I usually get the flu shot and this year I didn't get mine.  I've been praying I don't regret missing out when I had the opportunity.  Anyway, enough of that.  Just get well SOON!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor dear ,Iam so sorry you feel poorly ,get better soon love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh dear,  I`m so sorry to hear that you`re not very well.  I hope you feel much better soon.

Hugs  Sandra xxxx

http://journals,aol.com/labdancer51/SandrasScribbles/

Anonymous said...

I never get a flu shot!  Probably should since I am around so many kids!  I swear by vicks...helps with the annoying cough at night.  rose~