Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Survey

 
Barbara swiped This Christmas Survey From Val at There is a Season and I swiped it from her:  http://journals.aol.com/mastersblynn/ConfessionsOfAnAngelWaitress/
 
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?  Both

2. Real tree or artificial?  
We have an artificial tree because my daughter and I are allergic to the real thing (darn it).
 
3. When do you put up the tree? 
We put it up about two week ends before Christmas.  It went up this weekend.  My husband and daughter decorate it and I take it down.
 
4. When do you take the tree down? 
We take the tree down right after New Years. 
 
5. Do you like eggnog?  No.
 
6. Favorite gift received as a child?  A record player.
 
7. Do you have a nativity scene?  I have a collection of about 10 different nativity sets.
 
8. Hardest person to buy for?  It used to be my father-in-law
but he passed away this year.  Now I would say it has to be my
husband.  He never wants me to buy him anything.
 
9. Easiest person to buy for?  My Grandchildren are the easiest to buy for.  The hardest part is knowing when to stop buying for them.  LOL
 
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?   Mail and email, mostly mail. 
 
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A radio from my husband about 2 years after we were married.  The most unromantic thing he ever got me.
 
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?  We have a family tradition of watching "Christmas Vacation" and "Christmas Story" every year.  We all love to recite all the joke lines from Christmas Vacation and make fun of Clark and Cousin Eddy.  LOL
 
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas:  November 1st but I never go shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving!
 
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?  No, we don't exchange with many people and if we did that, everyone would know. 

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Our Christmas eve dinner is usually Prime Rib, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, tossed salad, rolls, relishes (olives, etc) and pumpkin and/or apple pie for dessert.  I serve this because our two kids go to  Christmas Day dinner other places and it is usually turkey and all the goodies that go with that.
 
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?  This year, colored lights.
 
17. Favorite Christmas song(s)?  "I'll Be Home For Christmas"
(this one always makes me cry), "Rock Around the Christmas Tree",  "The First Noel", and all the old traditional songs.
 
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?  We stay home.  The kids come here on Christmas eve and then Bryan and Shannon go to Shannon's mom's on Christmas day and Cari and Sam go to his parents' for the day."
 
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?  Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, on Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer.  I think there's a Stinky, Blinky, Dinky, and Bert in the stable, too.  LOL
 
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel, handmade by my mom years ago with material and lace from my grandmother's sewing box after she passed away.  (My mom made each of my grandmother's grandchildren a Christmas angel using material and lace from Grandma's sewing box. I'll treasure it forever.) 
 
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? <FONTLANG=0 FAMILY="SCRIPT" PTSIZE="10" color="#c0130a"> Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?  I'm the only shopper and wrapper.  It gets to be a little too much sometimes.
 
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have 2 themes.  Toys and Red, silver and white.  This year it's toys.  I posted pictures above. 
 
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?  My mother in-law's turkey dinner with her famous creamed onions and herbed mashed potatoes.  She was a wonderful cook and her Christmas dinners were the best EVER.  She passed away in 1982.  It's never been the same.
 
25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas?  Yes.  Jesus is at the heart of our Christmas.  In fact, this year, each of us is giving each other a Bible verse that we find that has a special meaning about the person we are giving it to.  This is the first time we've done that.  I have all my verses written out.  It was a joy to find them and to dedicate them to those I love most in the world.   We always read the Christmas Story out of the Book of Luke at dinner.  It's typed out on cards and placed in order on the dinner plates.  Dennis starts and he reads the first few verses and then it proceeds to his right until it goes around the table and the story is told.  This tradition brings the meaning of Christmas into our hearts and into the center of our celebration.     

          Have a Blessed Celebration! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are lovely and what amazing treasures adorn your tree  , I love all your nativity scenes too, how lovely ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are so pretty and you seem to have some lovely traditions for Christmas. Have a great week! Jeannette xx   http://beta.journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Here's my answers...Linda in Washington state