Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sharing The Good News

You may remember some time ago, I asked for prayers for my cousin's son's girlfriend, Jill who had Ewing's Sarcoma in her spine.  I want to thank those of you who did remember Jill in your prayers and I want to share the following email from Jill and rejoice with her in her good news:
 
Dear Supporters,
 
It's hard to find the right words to use when it comes to thanking you all for your love and prayers towards me during these past few months.  So many people remark to me how strong and brave they believe I am, and while this is very uplifting, I attribute my strong will to those people who've never failed me during these times; you.  My only wishes for life are to be healthy enough to help those who cannot help themselves and to one day raise a family, and because of your prayers, and the prayers of others, my wishes are slowly but surely becoming a reality.  Thank you so much for all of your support and love, it is more appreciated than you could ever know!
 
All my appreciation,
 
Jill Hays.
 
P.S. This past month, I recieved CT Scan results, Bone Marrow Biopsy results, and Bone Scan results.  My CT scan was completely normal with the exception of one lesion in my lung (the doctors don't know if it's even cancerous, only time will tell), my Bone Marrow Biopsy showed no trace of cancer, an improvement from a previous number of 95% cancer, and my Bone Scan results were completely normal! Your prayers are working!  Please continue, and thank you so much!

What great news from Jill!!  We are so thrilled.  I thought you might like to see pictures that were taken a few weeks ago.  Since Jill and Steven (my cousin's son) weren't able to attend their high school prom, my cousin and a group of friends threw a prom for the kids.  The following are a few pictures from that special night:

StevenandJill1.jpg  Steven and Jill (aren't they adorable???!!!)

StevenandJill2.jpg  Jill and Steven

StevenandJill3.jpg The Prom Queen and her date.  What a fun night!

We are all so please to see Jill looking so well and we will continue our prayers that she continues to improve and heals completely.

No comments: