Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Breast Cancer Stamp

Breast Cancer Stamp

I got an Email from my cousin the other day about the Breast Cancer stamp.  I've copied and pasted it below.  With so many of our journal land friends dealing with Breast Cancer and my own friends and family also dealing with this disease, I wanted to pass the information along to as many people as possible.  I emailed it my friends and family and now I'm posting it here.  Please snag it for your journals and/or email so as many people as possible know about this and we can continue to raise money for The Cure!

 

Have you ever bought a Breast Cancer Research Stamp? I bet youhave - 773 million of them have been sold since the stamp was introduced in 1998. The net proceeds go to federal breast cancer research, and it's raised over $55.5 million for critical research work. It's the top-selling commemorative stamp in U.S.
history!

Right now, two bills in Congress could reauthorize the stamp -
or make it permanent! - but only if they pass. If the stamp
isn't reauthorized or made permanent by December 31, 2007, it
will be lost - along with its millions of dollars for breast
cancer research.

Please join me in sending a message to Congress today!

http://komenpolicy.org/campaign/breastcancerstamp?rk=-perQA91uKBqW

By going to the web site above and filling out a simple form, you can contact your Congress representative about this important issue.  If you know how his/her address send a letter or email today and ask that this stamp be reissued from now on.  Sometimes a personal note carries more weight than a form letter.

Take time.  It's important.


No comments: