Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I'm Home, I'm Home

My GrandNanny days are over for now.  I'm home after two weeks and two days at my son's helping with the kids while my d-i-l recovered from her c-section.  I did have the weekends at home which was a nice break. 

It was a lot of fun staying at the house with the kids and new baby.  Megan and Nathan leave for school at 7:30 in the morning.  After they leave, I would give Andrew his breakfast and then get him dressed for the day.  He entertains himself so well.  He loves to watch his kiddie TV shows in the morning while he plays with his toys.  While he does that, I was able to do some chores.  The day would fly by and before I knew it, it was 3:30 and the older two would be coming home.  Twice a week there was baseball or softball practice.  Every night there was home work and reading.  After dinner, we had about 1 hour of TV time before bath and bed time.  By 8:30, I was pooped and the kids were all snuggled in bed and sleeping.

Andrew is adjusting to his little brother so well.  I'm really proud of him.  He hasn't shown any jealousy.  There have been a few times when he has been frustrated because he wanted Shannon to do something for him and had to settle for someone else because she was nursing the baby.  He's been gentle and sweet with the baby ~ always giving him a kiss, too, when he goes up for his nap.  I'm happily surprised that he's done so well.

Matthew is a very good baby which is a blessing for his Mom.  He is a good eater, sleeper, and seems to have a sweet disposition.  He's easily soothed and very alert for just starting his 3rd week of life.  For such a little guy (6 lb. 14 oz. on Monday) he's very strong.  He holds his head up a bit and his little legs are very strong when he stretches them out.

I'm not going any where until Friday.  I have a doctor's appointment that afternoon and then I'm picking up Megan, Nathan and Andrew to keep for the night.  Dennis and I are taking them to an amusement park on Saturday afternoon and then taking them home so they'll be there on Easter Morning.  I have some things to catch up on around here.  I have to hand it to Dennis.  The house looks nice.  He kept up on the laundry and everything is picked up.  What a guy!  I want to make a few changing table covers for Matthew's changing table and a few changing pads for Shannon to put in his diaper bag.  I have a lot of flannel that I can use to make some cute things.

Next week, I've got 3 lunch dates set up.  I haven't seen my friends in over a month.  It will be so nice to catch up.  I've talked to them on the phone but not for any good long talks. 

That's it for tonight.  I get to take Kasey to the groomer for the first time in 6 weeks in the morning.  I have to be up at 5:30 to do that so I'm going to go to bed.

Tomorrow, I'm going to catch up on my journal reading, too.  I've tried to keep up but it has been hard with everything that has gone on.  I'm looking forward to finding out what everyone has been up to.

Hugs!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well done ,I am sure your daughter in law was so grateful for all your help,what a wonderful Mother in law you are ,now take some 'me time'you've earned it  ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Your son and DIL are so blessed to have you in their lives.  You are a fantastic mom, MIL and grandma!!  Glad you enjoyed your time with your kiddies!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I had to smile it seems as though you went back in time and where taking care of your own children. Your DIL is very fortunate to have had you there helping out. All the grand kids sound so sweet. Isn't Dennis a sweetheart keeping the house up so you wouldn't have to come home to mess. I'm glad to hear your taking some me time next week to catch up with you. Your such a true blessing to your family.
(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Sound exhausting but enjoyable, they sound a great set of kids.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good and busy time Kathy! Andrew sounds like he's going to have a great friend in his little brother! Have a great Easter holiday, you deserve it! I'm glad Shannon is doing well. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

You've had a busy month!  WOW!  Bet you are looking forward to some peace and quiet although you will miss those little ones!  Enjoy time with your friends and some alone time!

God BLess...

Janis

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are home again.  However, I bet you miss the grandchildren!

Hope you are having a healthy happy Easter!  Been thinking about you.

Monica